Dr. Richards received his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas in 1987. He completed his internship in general surgery and his orthopaedic residency training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee from 1987-1992.
Dr. Richards completed his Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship at the Lipscomb Clinic at St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee from 1992-1993. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has Specialty CAQ Board Certification in Sports Medicine.
Dr. Richards has staff privileges at Greenview Regional Hospital, The Medical Center at Bowling Green and The Medical Center at Franklin. He is a fellow of the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), the American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine (AOSSM) and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
Dr. Richards has been a team physician for WKU for 17 years as well as serving as WKU’s head team physician and Medical Director since 2011.
Dr. Richards is pleased to offer treatment for:
– Fracture care – Adult and Pediatric
– Arthritis and related conditions
– All manner of Sports Medicine
– Advanced Arthroscopic Treatment of shoulder, knee, elbow, and ankle conditions including knee ligament, cartilage disorders, meniscus, patellofemoral disorders, rotator cuff, bursitis, arthritis, biceps disorders and shoulder instability
– Adult joint reconstruction including total and partial knee replacement, patellofemoral replacement, total shoulder and reverse total shoulder replacement
– Tendon Repair and OATS procedure